There are a few ways you can invite customers to leave a review for your restaurant on Google:
- Ask customers directly: Consider asking satisfied customers if they would be willing to leave a review on Google as they pay their bill or when they leave the restaurant. You can also ask customers to leave a review when they call to make a reservation or when they receive their takeout order.
- Add a link to your website: You can add a link to your Google listing on your restaurant’s website. This way, customers can easily click the link and leave a review.
- Include a call to action in your email signature: If you send emails to customers for reservation confirmations or newsletters, you can include a call to action in your email signature to remind customers to leave a review on Google.
- Share the review link on social media: You can also share the review link on your restaurant’s social media accounts to remind customers to leave a review.
- Use customer feedback cards: Consider using customer feedback cards that customers can fill out and leave at the restaurant. You can then use these cards to ask satisfied customers if they would be willing to leave a review on Google.
It’s important to keep in mind that Google’s policies do not allow you to offer incentives to customers in exchange for reviews. You should also avoid soliciting reviews from customers who have not had a chance to experience your restaurant, as this can lead to fake or biased reviews.